Contribution a l'audiovisuel public

If you have TVs in you CdeH rooms do you need to pay the licence fee for each TV as you would in a hotel?

See link: http://vosdroits.service-public.fr/professionnels-entreprises/F24670.xhtml

[quote user="Kong"]If you have TVs in you CdeH rooms do you need to pay the licence fee for each TV as you would in a hotel? See link: http://vosdroits.service-public.fr/professionnels-entreprises/F24670.xhtml

[/quote]

Why put TV's in bedrooms? What channels are you going to offer and in what languages? To me putting a TV in a CdH bedroom is making you into a cheap hotel and destroys the whole princile of CdH. It's the thin end of the wedge. What next, phones and radios. Wait till you get the bad reviews for people complaining of loud TV's in other roms at midnight.

This is something that will surely bite me on the bum soon, the name of my meublés sounds just like a Hôtel, Booking.com have put me amongst the hôtels and its them that are losing the business rather than the chambre d'hôtes around here, the dénonciations are probably already in the pipeline.

The above article says that I would have to pay but I recalled an argument for exoneration, I just did some googling and found this:

http://www.bourgogne-tourisme-pro.com/sites/default/files/commun/0010_porteur_de_projet/0010_je_veux_creer/SP_PORTEUR_Je_veux_creer_Meublev201310.pdf

As its a PDF I could not copier coller the relevant bit so you will have to go through it, its Worth it though as its by far the most definitive and well written text I have ever found on all aspects of gite/meublée de tourisme rental.

I am confident that the exoneration will apply to CDH's with the same circumstances. 

This whole "porteur de projét" bull***t really gets to me, I listened to loads of rubbish at the chambre de commerce from a guy who would never in a million years be capable of even selling apples at his doorstep, loads of brochures printed, people paid fortunes to sit behind desks supposedly accompanying  porteurs de projets, I told him I have no time for bull***t, I have a "just do it" mentality, the slightest decision in France becomes "un projet" buying a new car, a new boiler, some insulation, a ski-ing Holiday, loads of deliberation and planning and rarely any action, so often i want to say "FFS just do it!"

The bad reviews I have seen regarding TV's is that there were no English channels [:(] No doubt I will get some of them.

If I was disturbed by TV noise from an adjoining room I would complain about the paper thin walls, I've seen lots saying exactly that.

Damned if you do and damned if you dont, luckily Quillan you advertise your place as a quiet retreat and promote the absence of TV's as a positive.

It's not a serious issue for me. I have a salon for guests with a TV and also a TV in one bedroom. This is useful for single guests (professionals) staying for a few days who don't want to spend time with other guests every evening when they have work to do. I don't have problems with noise as the rooms are well insulated.

My question was about lincencing but I can find an answer elsewhere.

I offer french and english TV but luckily I don't get too many English who are on the whole less pleasant guests than the french.

That should stir things a bit!

[quote user="Chancer"]

This is something that will surely bite me on the bum soon, the name of my meublés sounds just like a Hôtel, Booking.com have put me amongst the hôtels and its them that are losing the business rather than the chambre d'hôtes around here, the dénonciations are probably already in the pipeline.

The above article says that I would have to pay but I recalled an argument for exoneration, I just did some googling and found this:

http://www.bourgogne-tourisme-pro.com/sites/default/files/commun/0010_porteur_de_projet/0010_je_veux_creer/SP_PORTEUR_Je_veux_creer_Meublev201310.pdf

As its a PDF I could not copier coller the relevant bit so you will have to go through it, its Worth it though as its by far the most definitive and well written text I have ever found on all aspects of gite/meublée de tourisme rental.

I am confident that the exoneration will apply to CDH's with the same circumstances. 

This whole "porteur de projét" bull***t really gets to me, I listened to loads of rubbish at the chambre de commerce from a guy who would never in a million years be capable of even selling apples at his doorstep, loads of brochures printed, people paid fortunes to sit behind desks supposedly accompanying  porteurs de projets, I told him I have no time for bull***t, I have a "just do it" mentality, the slightest decision in France becomes "un projet" buying a new car, a new boiler, some insulation, a ski-ing Holiday, loads of deliberation and planning and rarely any action, so often i want to say "FFS just do it!"

[/quote]

I was warned about all this by Miki years ago when I started and a lot has changed since then. Indeed things have changed since 2013 as well. I now have three documents including yours. I have one from Aude, one from Paris and now yours and they are all different. If the French could get to things the same in a million it would be an achievement.

Basically (as you know) Legifrance is the place. What’s written there is the law. As it filters down the system in France each group does it's interpretation. I am sure the old cartoon of "What the customer Wanted" was an original pictogram of the French system.

By the way do be aware that Booking passes on your reservation details (dates and amounts) to your respective countries tax authority. Something somebody (not me I should add) found out the hard way two years ago. I remember reading it in a French online newspaper at the time, could have been Le Figaro but not sure now.

Les impôts took an interest in me must be 3 years ago after the Lycée paid me €300 to show their appreciation, I told them it would open a can of worms, I wrote back to the woman quoting several Legifrance articles saying that AFAIK I did not have to submit a tax return if I wasnt imposable and that according to the conditions XY and Z I wasnt, furthermore did I need to do one for a de minimis amount? I heard no more.

This time last year I had some proper earnings from the lycée so went and saw them, it was the head contrôleur, he said that she had just filed the case as classé but shouldnt have done so asked me lots of questions then said that I should have been filling out a return since moving here.

I said I came in 2007 to do one but was given the bums rush, told to go away and that I didnt need to fill out a tax return, he said "I rememeber it well, it was me who told you so, but had I fully understood your circumstances as I do now then I would not have said that".

I had said yes, my family remain in the UK, he explained that as a single person without dépendants I am my "family" and they are considered to be with me wherever I am,we agreed to do a tax return for that year, for the €300 the year before and he asked me to go back after the May rush and he would help me to do so, me in my usual way kept forgetting to do so.

Monday I will phone him and apologise and ask to set things right although I'm sure he will again ask me to do so after our deadline which IIRC is mid June.