Been waiting for this

bizzer

Hi Guys

This is a topic area I have been waiting for as there must be others out there either owning or working in Hotels or Restaurants with a massive amount of information and good practice to exchange..

Initially I set out to do the B and B Gites thing but I was steered towards what I do best --- Cooking !!

I am hoping there will be lots to say and do as running a Hotel or Restaurant in France is different than one anywhere else... principles are similar but the legalities and regulations are completely different as I have found out...although not as yet to my cost.

I have some contacts for suppplies etc. but there is always need for more e.g are there journals/magazines in France for professional chefs?? Professional associations etc. I look forward to some healthy information help and advice/tips both given and received

Cheers and Happy Chatting/messaging

Barry

[quote]Hi GuysThis is a topic area I have been waiting for as there must be others out there either owning or working in Hotels or Restaurants with a massive amount of information and good practice to exchan...[/quote]

The newpaper for hotels & restaurants in France is simply called  : 'L'hôtellerie'.  They also have a web site :  www.lhotellerie.fr  

I seem to remember that it was the size and format of a normal newspaper rather than the magazine format of the 'The caterer' in UK.

The info contained is as comprehensive as possibly can, as it is in 'The caterer'

All in French so I hope you are up and running on that front... 

Barry,

As soon as you join Metro or Promocash,two "magasins pour les commercants" (wholesalers)you can pick up some 'L'hôtellerie' type mags. And once your registration at the Chambre de Commerce has gone through, you will find that you will magically start receiving these kind of mags and many others promos to tempt you to buy !

Cheers Mikki

Many thanks for the info.. we did try to register with Metro in Angouleme but cold only do it with our SCI account as we haven't set up the SARL yet as apparently we need to be trading within one month of setting up the SARL and we are at least three months away from trading

Thanks again

Barry