A booking system for hotels/ b&b's etc

osie

Hi All

I have written a hotel booking system for our hotel which has saved us lots of time and accountancy fees over the few years in has been running.  It allows for reservations and bookings, as well as purchases.  It then generates the books(purchase orders, sales ledger, cash book & bank book) necessary for our accountant each month.  It also has features I have added when ever I see a need (i.e. Facture generation, stock report, calendar, forecasting, statistics, bank book consolidation, and links with the reservations page on our web site).

The concept is that the hotel puts in the bookings and purchases and it automates all the rest.

I was wondering what bookings procedures others use, whether it be a piece of paper or a purchased product.

The software I have written is not written in a software language I would sell and so my question has been put out there to see if there is demand for a web version which I would need to write.

I was on holiday recently and all the hotels we stayed at seem to do a manual method with Excel which is quite crude.

Thanks

osie

No it does not which is why it is cheap. It does however use an Access database which you can use to plug in to other accountancy packages using ODBC.

Its not really meant for big hotels and does work well for B&B's and multiple Gites. I like it because you can send letters in guests native languages, the same with bills.

• 6 months later...
I had a quick look at angel fish url and it looks not bad... I will download it and have a look.

I am in talks at the moment to put my version on the market... I will probably adopt a free 30 day trial too... One day it would be good to know what you think..

osie

• 1 year later...
After 14 months you can own outright a booking system which is flexible and also produces documents/invoices etc in multi languages. I noticed that Sarvoy charge also to link in PayPal which quite frankly is a bit of cheek as you are already paying commission on payments via PayPal.