Thawed Steak Pie !!

I thought this would be the best area to post this question. Yesterday, I uplifted my shopping from a delivery company who bring it over from the UK. I "accidently" bought 4 frozen steak pies instead of a chilled ones and wonder how long I can keep them safely in the fridge before cooking them. The pies were delivered frozen on Monday afternoon, allowed to thaw in a chilled container at the delivery compay depot, then delivered to me Tuesday afternoon, shortly afterwards put in my fridge. The delivery van has a chilled area where fresh food is stored during transit. Any advice on how long to keep, or to discard would be appreciated by any of you food experts out there!

Well yes, a very good point. When the OP said they thought that they had ordered chilled and received frozen steak pies I assumed that they were the ones with uncooked pastry, the filling is cooked.

Maybe they are not. In which case, I would say get them eaten.

[quote user="Pierre ZFP"]

Stan, clearly you were never a student at Uni.

If they aren't actually green/hairy/crawling away then they're good to eat [+o(]

[/quote]

Yep, sure was...lived on cheap pork pies and 100lb bags of potatoes! Thanks for the advice....I will eat them before they go green and hairy!

Maybe a viable option for the future would be to buy some Beef Bourguignon type stuff from France in a jar, wrap it up in flaky pastry and shove it in the oven...

Its got to be easier...

If you were to say ginsters pastry.. not that would be a bit trickier...