Peak Season Bookings Policy

Sandrahobson

I would be grateful for views\experience on taking bookings for one or two weeks during the July\August period. We would prefer to take only two week bookings during these months, but I have an influx of enquiries for one week only. Hindsight being what it is we should have made this v clear in our advertising - I plan to contact the relevant websites tomorrow, but in the meantime, wondered if anyone could give me their words of wisdom.....I am, at the moment, happy to take bookings for one week only in the low\mid season, again, is this common. The only experience I have to date is for one\two\three night weekend bookings when we ran our hotel - same sort of problem occurred there, do you accept one or two nights or implement a policy of max night bookings only....

Thank you very much in advance
Kind regards
Sandra

We offer a discount for bookings of two or more weeks, but not in peak season. This encourages people to book longer stays in low season, but I wouldn't turn away a booking for one week in high season, you could end up empty!! More and more people like to split their holiday one week here and one week elsewhere, especially in the high season.

John and Angie Moore (17)

• 1 month later...
Hmm, we wondered about this, but decided that unless we actually tell people which dates they can arrive, we'll still end up with odd weeks free - eg we have mostly 2 weekers but they don't join up so now we need a 1 week booking to fill August in each of our gites!

We've also had the "do we put these people off because we just told someone else that it was free for the same week" dilema. We eventually decided to go with the No deposit = No booking route... luckily for us it turned out to be another member of the same party, but it is really frustrating!

Suzi
www.patiras.com

• 2 weeks later...
We just started with 2 cottages towards the end of last year and have now added a third. To our surprise we got 2 separate 3 week bookings in high season just weeks after starting our marketing.

Since we've started like this I don't think I'll be restricting people to two weeks at a time.