Websites - increasing traffic

Buntina

Mike,

The offer seems good on the surface but I wouldn't be doing my guests any favours by directing them to a website where they would pay for car hire that they could get cheaper elsewhere.

The advertising site is effectively a Europcar commissioned agency. I used Holiday Autos to get a Europcar hire car just a few weeks ago. There was a difference of 60 in 1 week's hire. I paid 119 in July against an offer of 180 for late September on the proposed website. I'll just stick with advertising on Chez Nous thanks.

Doug

Well we could go on and on Doug, we recommend Ryanair, is that bad because they charge a fortune to change your flights compared to BA?

Anyway the offer is genuine, we will attracting lots of traffic, the offer is to put some of that targetted traffic your way... simple

Mike

I have to say I have done this with another company on the internet that serves my region and the results, nothing.

That does not of course mean that the same will apply with this site but it's just my personal experience.

One thing I would say. If you want to get your site within the first 10 of any search engine (which is important becasue of the 4 clicks rule) then advertise on the many free holiday sites. They are all haggling to get to the top of the pile and in doing so give you maximum exposure.

Experience has shown me that you don't get many reservations through our (Gite/Chambres D'Hote) website but it is good for people who find us through other means to see the chambres, the house and other things. I have found that pictures of the chambre's are very important (people like to see where they are sleeping) as are the visitors comments which we copy in both native and english languages. So far this has helped us to get 20% of our bookings.

Chris

Chris you make some good points below.

To answer your comments, I am a professional SEO (Search Engine Optimser) I achieve top search engine results for all the sites under 'my wing' and the offer includes one image of the property and 10 words of descriptive text, oh, and its free.

It will take a while for the site to achieve its Search Engine positions, but rest assured it will do that, in reality expect serious traffic beginning next season

Mike

• 4 weeks later...
A word of warning to those who are registered with French Connections...

I have looked at your website offer and it seems an interesting proposition. However, I have recently signed up with French Connections. At first they wouldn't include a link to my own personal website as it had links to other external sites (all related to places of interest in the area). I have since removed these links and visitors to my page on French Connections can now access my own website which has more info and pictures.

But if I were to take up your offer, I would have to put a link to your site on my website, thereby contravening the FC T&Cs.

As I am very pleased with the level of bookings I have had from FC, I will not be able to take advantage of your offer. But thanks anyway.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...