Booking terms & Conditions

Turners

• 2 weeks later...

hi jac

You couldn't do same for me could you please and forward info on gite booking term and conditions??.  We are looking towards  end 2005/2006 before we will be ready fro bookings, but you know what they say, plan and research!! much appreciated, many thanks

Can i be really cheeky and ask for the details on Terms and conditions as well. We too will be joining you all next year, and already have enquiries for June/July. Also i am looking for information on an easy booking form? Can anyone help?

We would also be interested in any information on web sites to advertise on. We are will have a Web site in December and were wondering if anyone could recomend who to Link to and if this is a good idea and is it expensive? you can tell we are pretty green at this, so any help would be apreciated.

Thanks in advance

Janet

Hi,

Have sent you an email.

Sorry, I'm going to be away from the computer for a while now so for all others who would like the  info please can you contact one of the others I have already sent it to.

Jac

PS. The reason I have sent them privately to all those who have asked for them and not posted the info, is because they are MY interpretation of T&Cs and have NOT been checked by a solicitor.

To all those who are thinking of using the T&Cs I have sent to them please be advised that although I am happy with them, you may want to have them checked by a legal bod.

[quote]Can i be really cheeky and ask for the details on Terms and conditions as well. We too will be joining you all next year, and already have enquiries for June/July. Also i am looking for information o...[/quote]

Hi Janet I did this this morning and then got timed out. Firms I have used for Internet advertising are Visit France, Holiday Lets and Villas France, all fairly successful. I think they all allow you to link your web site. They have had free trial offers which may still be going on and there are lots of others that do similar things. Try a search for 'Letting Holiday Property in France' or similar on the web. If you have to pay costs are generally around £100 a year. Many sites allow you to put in your own text, upload pictures and make changes when you want to and display a calendar. All very easy to do.

Liz (29)

Hi all

Having just started our own gite business this year, I've composed a set of terms and conditions based on several we encountered when staying in other peoples gites.  They have been checked by a solicitor friend of mine, so we're pretty confident about them.  If any one wants to have a look at them/ take a copy, please go to our website and then click on the relevent button : www.gitebrimeux.net   , we also do on-line booking, so you can view our booking form if that helps.  We've used both Visit France and French Connections  for internet advertising this year and have had bookings through both, although Visit France has generated far more enquiries.

Hope this lot helps.

Marie

I'd just like to thank Jac & Marie for the replies,(on the terms and conditions, even though it wasn't my question.) and anyone else ( I'm sure there was someone) i have found them so useful. I must admit i am getting a little worried now after spending time in another part of the Forum about the Tax and the insurances that we will have to pay I think! when we get going. I will be keeping accounts to the penny, keeping receipts for all outgoings, as i assume i will be able to set these off aginst the incomings as can be done here. Or have i got this Wrong? I had then intended to seek an English speaking accountant to point us in the right direction, as my French though good is not up to leagal or tax stuff. Anyway too late now we are on our way next month, so we will have to give it a go!!!!! Can anyone put my mind at rest?

Many thanks Janet