Bulk purchase of linen

Jacky

I am opening 4 new gites early 2005 and need to buy 40 sets of bed linen.  Despite numerous internet searches I have been unable to find a bulk supplier (based in France). Can anybody tell me where I can buy in bulk?

Thanks

Jacky

We mostly use sources from the UK but we do have a trade brochure come through fairly regularly in the post which may certainly be of use to you.

Try it, perhaps it might be useful, ask for a brochure: Tina thinks the quality of the items is good but the sheets are, as usual 100% cotton.......................

Vega ~ Restauration et Hotellerie

Tel 0 821 230323 0.12 centimes per minute

or fax 0 821 230313 same cost per minute

Absolutely everything, more or less, for the hotel, Resto and B&B/Gite trade

• 2 weeks later...

I used Metro (which we know in Britain as Makro).

In fact Metro in France seems much more Hotel & Catering. On my third visit they did challenge me about whether I had an entreprise in France.

I found them to be cheap but have good quality sheets etc. They were also helpful in that they would get stuff in (to complete a set) and lay it away !

We tried to use Meteo but were not registered with the Chamber of Commerce. We did not wish to do this as once you do that it can be difficult to then declare your income under MicroBic, which is important. We searched everywhere as we also had 4 gites and wanted polyester cotton not pure cotton. Eventually we gave up and bought from John Lewis online and had then shipped over. This has helped us at the local laundry where they wash and iron the sheets as ours are the only ones with a Jonelle label! Just don't leave it too late to do anything and make sure that you have plently of spares!

We tried to use Meteo but were not registered with the Chamber of Commerce. We did not wish to do this as once you do that it can be difficult to then declare your income under MicroBic, which is important.

What has micro bic got to do with being able to use Metro !!  You can declare yourself as a micro bic regime at the tax office and happily shop away in Metro, why not ?  Who starts these rumours? Why would it be difficult to declare your income under micro bic regime, if you were with Metro?

People with a commerce can register themselves with a micro bic regime at the Hotel des Impots and be a Metro customer. Are you mixing it all up with not being registered at the C de Com and therefore, Metro will not allow you to use one of their commercial shops?

If so, simply go down to your nearest Metro with a business card or a headed letter and front them out, I have helped a few friends or acquaintances, who were not with the C de Com over the years to join and many of them being B&B or Gîtes owners. Someone may well ask you for your siret/siren number but tell them honestly what your activity is and in every case I have known, they have given the person with me, a temporary membership card, followed later by the permanent card.

I can't guarantee your Metro will give you a card but I know we have been with 4 different branches of Metro and all have taken non C de Com activities as members.

• 2 weeks later...