I have a question

pitway

Can anybody help with this one please!!  Can you tell me what is the going rate to charge water.  I know somebody in a short term let situation and know what to charge electric but not at what rate for water

Any advice would be gratefully received

Sue 

I seem to remember reading somewhere that this is ilegal and water charges should be included in rental costs etc. However, we have installed water meters, (which can be bought from good plumbers supplies and larger bricos), for clients who want to split properties from their existing main water supply and then monitor consumption. You obviously need to know consumption, especially if you are talking of large quantities. If you did this then you could charge a pro rata rate from your existing water bill.

Punch

I am now a gite owner, and for the past 20 years have rented many gites in France. The holiday rental market is changing. No longer do people want to pay extra for water, electricty etc. Also these days people to do want to lug bedding and towells along with them to their holiday destination.

So my point, well what about all inclusive pricing?, I appreciate that this might not suit longer term winter lets, but I feel to charge for water is missing the point.