Holiday Rentals.com are they any good?

JJ

Greetings all you gite owners out there.

Holiday Rentals.com, are they any good?, the reason I ask is that they are offering an introductory offer that seems too good to be true.

Pay for a years advertising at £155 before March 15th, and after a year if you are not satisfied with them they will give you your money back. The terms and conditions do no specify how you have to be unhappy with them though.

Is this so, is it a genuine offer, or has anyone out there had problems getting a refund if not satisfied.

Many thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Sad to say that we joined then in mid Nov 2005 and have not had a single inquiry.  This has totally amazed us as they are highly recommended by other owners on the Lay My Hat site, and it seems from comments above that others are satisfied on this site.

Fortunately we have a steady stream of inquiries from 2 other sites  and our bookings are good - but we do not like to be complacent and wanted a third site in case one of the other 2 deteriorated (as happened for us when everyone seemed to pile into advertising on French Connections and we saw the numbers of inquiries rapidly diminish).

The Holiday Rentals experience has made me vow never to pay over any money until I am satisfied that a site will work for us - I think any site confident of its efficacy should allow me a couple of months free before I pay over a substantial sum for a 12 month ad.

Hi again - further to the above entry from me, I received yesterday a written confirmation from Holiday-Rentals.com that I will receive a full refund if not satisfied with the inquiries after my 1 year period.  They also made suggestions abvout how to improve my entry.  So, I think that a very fair response to a currently dissatisfied customer!  Lets hope inquiries pick up so that I do not need to take them up on it.

[quote user="Jhc"]

Sad to say that we joined then in mid Nov 2005 and have not had a single inquiry.  This has totally amazed us as they are highly recommended by other owners on the Lay My Hat site, and it seems from comments above that others are satisfied on this site.[/quote]

Just checked to see what we have had since mid-November.  A bit thin compared to earlier last year but it still amounts to 13 enquiries over 4 cottages.  Most of these have already been converted into bookings so I reckon I've already had my money's worth.

I would advise you not to write them off just yet.  In our experience different ads work well at different times of the year, so you might well find this one will fill a gap when the others go quiet.

Patrick