Grants

dave

You may get something if you connect to the main water sypply or sewage, but I've never heard of anything for renovation - it isn't as though the French government wants old buildings renovated! And if there is anything it will probably be a local thing, so what I know from Normandy may not apply to you - and you don't say where you are.

As always the advice would be to make a visit to the maire of your village or the local cantonal hotel de ville and ask them.

[quote user="Dick Smith"]You may get something if you connect to the main water sypply or sewage, but I've never heard of anything for renovation - it isn't as though the French government wants old buildings renovated! And if there is anything it will probably be a local thing, so what I know from Normandy may not apply to you - and you don't say where you are.

As always the advice would be to make a visit to the maire of your village or the local cantonal hotel de ville and ask them.
[/quote]

What's a sypply Dick?

Had a heavy weekend?

First suggestion would be to put the question in the right category, however having seen the other posts by this member he is thinking of moving to France and building new houses so a grant for that ain't going to happen nor is a visit to the Mairie a possibility.

However, there are grants available for refurbishing property Dick, they are very much a regional thing, but even if there is money available they are means tested and usually involve roofs as such like with the proviso that the property must be available for social housing use IE. you take whatever tenants the Mairie sends you, if you are thinking you will be  getting a grant to use for renting out holiday gites, forget it.

If it's for the creation of gites, the first port of call is your local HQ of Gites de France.  They can tell you what, if anything, is available.

There are low interest rate loans, too, if grants are not on offer in your region.

We got €12200 for turning old stables into gites, so it's worth at least a try.

Patrick