Changeover Managers

Vlad

Hi I'm new to the Forum so apologies for asking fairly obvious questions...

We are buying a house in Bergerac which we want to rent out part of the time. Can anyone recommend someone to manage changeovers or the best way to find someone reliable?

What should we expect to be charged for such a service?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Steve - as you have discovered, the perfect changeover managers are rather elusive. Once found people are reticent about giving away their secret!  I don't know the Bergerac area, i rent properties out in Nice (My changeover company? Sorry - trade secret!).  I pay €70-€100 per change depending on the size of the change (number of beds being 1-3).  Finding people will be a matter of asking around in the town - it may not be easy - most owners have had to sack a few before finding Mr or Mrs  Right!  Me included.  Good luck! Ian

Your best bet is personal recommendation, are there any other renters in the area, you could also try the Mairie they may be aware of other owners or of locals who would be willing to do change overs. You also need to consider whether you would prefer a person able to speak some English - what nationality do you expect your clients to be? We are in the Languedoc and pay €80 per changeover on a 2 bed house- pool maintenance is extra. Good luck.

[quote user="Steve39"]

Hi I'm new to the Forum so apologies for asking fairly obvious questions...

We are buying a house in Bergerac which we want to rent out part of the time. Can anyone recommend someone to manage changeovers or the best way to find someone reliable?

What should we expect to be charged for such a service?

Thanks

[/quote] Sorry, the quote has probably come out as gobbldygook, but try www.laymyhat.com A website for gite owners worldwide.

(Edited by Cat to unscramble the quote).

Sounds about right - are you using a linen-hire-changeover-company, if so, is that fee all inclusive - if it is it's a great deal?  The value for money depends on how long it takes them to deliver the result you are happy with.  I prefer to pay for results rather than hours.  Other things to see if they do:

Basic maintenance - change of light bulbs, put up a shelf, unblock a sink etc Also what are their contacts like with local tradesmen?

Shopping for supplies - bunch of flowers, bottle of wine, replace broken glasses, get their own cleaning products etc

"Helpline" - kind of be on-call for your guests when you are not around (some companies just do changeovers - others a wider service) this is very useful

Meeting and Greeting - just confirm their flexibility...what if guests are running late, what if the changeover-manager is delayed/loses a key etc

Inventory/handling the deposit - you will rely on your manager to check your inventory for damages after each guest leaves - do they hand the "breakages deposit" back to the guest or do you? It'll probably be you, because often guests need to leave in a hurry before the manager has had chance to check for breakages etc

Best of luck,  Ian