Greeting guests

Mark

Is it a GdeF necessity for the gite owner/caretaker to greet guests upon their arrival?  Without wishing to sound callous(!), I could use my time more usefully than by hanging around on a Saturday afternoon simply in order to say hello and repeat any advice/instructions which would more than likely be in the literature GdeF have sent to the client already.

Thanks [:)]

[quote user="Mark"]...and repeat any advice/instructions which would more than likely be in the literature GdeF have sent to the client already. [/quote]

I like your confidence that the literature will have been read... and understood. [:-))] Presumably you'd plan to visit them at some time during their stay?

The only time I've ever been greeted by the owner of a property I have rented (and it must be running at 50 or so by now) was on two occasions when the owners lived virtually on site.  Never been a problem to me, and in about 50% of cases, I've seen nobody at all, all the time we've been there.  Something to show they know you're coming is nice though - maybe a few fresh flowers or a bottle, but really, it's never put me off if they weren't there.

[quote user="cooperlola"]The only time I've ever been greeted by the owner of a property I have rented (and it must be running at 50 or so by now) was on two occasions when the owners lived virtually on site.  .[/quote]

Exactly the same for me Coops, hence the question, after hearing that it may be a pre-requisite.  OK, will leave some flowers after cleaning it on Saturday mornings then, and leave it at that.

Thanks.