A bit of market research for my French teacher

Catalpa

This is a touristy part of Normandy and my French teacher has come up with the idea that she could offer accompanied / translated visits to various museums and local enterprises to British visitors during July / August. If she goes ahead she'll leave leaflets with the local tourist offices etc but would also like to partner with local B&B / gite owners to have a link to her website (when she's got one) so that people can book with her in advance as well as leaving leaflets with them.

In principle it seems like a good idea because there are are a lot of local "visits" that are conducted in French and if someone doesn't speak any French then the visits of of limited interest.

However... and this is the market research bit. Could she have your feedback as follows:

Assuming that she has a professional website, leaflets, etc, would you be prepared to have a link to translation services on your website? (This is not a request for you to do so, just a question to see what gite / B&B / CdH owners think about it).

What do you think guests would pay for an afternoon at a local museum (say) with a b-lingual French person? She's thinking in terms of 40€ for an afternoon (4 hours) as a flat fee for up to 4 people with admission fees, fuel (if she's driving) etc as extra.

Any thoughts you have about this would be useful to her so thanks in advance. [:)]

1/ I'd definitely be prepared to link if I were a B&B in the area, and 2/ 40 euros doesn't seem unreasonable at all.  My mother does tours round Hereford (don't think it takes very long) on behalf of the City Council and she charges Americans far more than that, although I think she's on the make.

Whether your friend would want to fork out the start-up cotisations is another question.....

Thanks for that feedback, Mark. She's a registered French teacher / translator so she would only be extending her current business, not starting up something new. I suspect she's already well used to the cotisations - and probably they're why she's looking for something new during July and August, when a lot of her regular (older British) French students are taking a break.