Gite holiday with a dog or two!!!

I met a group of people who had turned up from Northern France to start their holiday in a B & B near Duras Dept 47, they checked 3 times with the owners if they could bring dogs, all times were told no problems! However when they arrived they were told they couldn't stay as the dogs were "big" dogs! You can imagine how they felt after driving all this way and now facing finding somewhere with 4 adults and 2 big dogs oh and a trailer! I rang a few people who were either booked or wouldn't take dogs...long story short I offered them our gite, as we had no other guests in our other gite, which they gratefully accepted.

On departure I checked the gite over, and it was left beautifully clean and tidy, No trace of 2 big dogs around, They are alwayas welcome back here,

It is so nice to do someone a favour and not be taken the P**S out off!!

I ve been in the position of these people, it is difficult to find places  to stay when you have a big dog..  We found a wonderful gite in Britanny two years ago, and of course we left the place as clean and tidy as it was when we arrived, which seems obvious to me !

Our dog has his basket, and I can't see why he would be worse than a small dog..

I understand people who don't accept dogs, it is their choice, but those who say " pets welcome' .. why not accepting bigger dogs if they re well behaved??

I had a St Bernard stay in May and the house was left immaculate. I accept all size of dogs, the houses are generally always left cleaner than when there are children staying. Dogs don't leave fingerprints on doors/windows/mirrors. I've had various Parisien cats, a rabbit from Jersy and a mouse (in a cage) stay too.

If any of you Gite owners has a cat I'd recommend that you are VERY wary about having terriers as guests.  Jack Russells and their like are cat killers, there is no stopping their determination, until the cat is dead, the terrier will not rest.  Trust me, I know.