Scam advise please

Humph

Hi all

New to the gite owners club and I have recieved an enquiry for a booking in Febuary. The wording and English seems a bit suspicious and wondered if anyone has encountered  the same sort of thing. The email recieved is as follows;

Thank you for your prompt reply towards my enquiry about your apartment, but as for the price, calculate the price for my 2weeks stay and get back to me.As for the payment, am ready to make payment for the apartment , because i believe the place will be conducive and interesting for me and my wife on this our vacation period.

In respect of this apartment , i have make arrangement with my business associate to make necessary payment prior to our arrival date (7th Feb. 2010) and he have agreed to do that as soon as possible in order for you to reserve that date for us and below is the necessary information for the contract agreement between us which i believe will help facilitate the renting process to avoid any delay .

Here is the information details you need for the contract agreement ;

Mr. .....................; (42 Years)
Mrs. ...................;   (35 Years)

Address : 
               Shirely
               West York Shire
               WA 12 1 NQ
               United Kingdom

Contact Phone # :
Duration Of Stay :2weeks
Check-in Date :  7th February 2010
Departure-Date:21th February 2010

Please, do re-confirm my booking and let me know if i will be having that date secured for me and my wife wonderful holiday vacation.

I look forward to your quick response .

The more I read it the more suspicious I get.

The gite owners will be around shortly with sound advice, no doutbt.

However - the maxim is "if you think it's a scam, it probably is."  Ignore it.  The more you respond to these people, the more t'net gets clogged up with them.  Add them to your blocked senders list and forget 'em, imho.

Hi

I had exactly the same booking enquiry. Unfortunately for the sender, i'm from West Yorkshire and knew straight away that the address was dodgy.

But, what exactly does the sender possibly hope to gain from this? No-one, nowadays, is going to fall for the overpayment/re-emboursement scam,

Just thought though; a word of warning - I got what I was sure was a dodgy booking enquiry - from someone with an Irish surname and a Chinese email address - turns out to be an Australian family, teaching in China and they booked our gîte for a fortnight in July and paid in full by IBAN transfer 4 weeks ago! I very nearly deleted it without replying

[quote user="mayday"]Hi

I had exactly the same booking enquiry. Unfortunately for the sender, i'm from West Yorkshire and knew straight away that the address was dodgy. [/quote]

So am I (from W Yorks), and it's not just the address which is dodgy - so is the English - the grammar and the spelling.  I didn't bother to post yesterday - as the "no's" were coming fast and furious.  Oh, and by the way, not all Yorkshire people say "ecky-thump" - I certainly haven't and I'm not sure I've heard anyone say it either!!:)

[quote user="Judith"][quote user="mayday"]Hi I had exactly the same booking enquiry. Unfortunately for the sender, i'm from West Yorkshire and knew straight away that the address was dodgy. [/quote]
So am I (from W Yorks), and it's not just the address which is dodgy - so is the English - the grammar and the spelling.  I didn't bother to post yesterday - as the "no's" were coming fast and furious.  Oh, and by the way, not all Yorkshire people say "ecky-thump" - I certainly haven't and I'm not sure I've heard anyone say it either!!:)
[/quote] 

hi ok

yes you can tell you are from W Yorks ..... defo no sense of humour !!!!

Dave

goody goody goody gum drops   ecky thump lad