gites with camping

I'm still looking for a business - youngest has a year of school to go and I could if necessary sell up and rent until then, or at the latest, move Summer 2011, so naturally every estate agency from Bayonne to Calais is emailing me their gites.

The income is generally pretty low, but much higher when there is camping with facilities too, I guess cos it is so much more work, full time when in full season, and much more full on, more demanding of language skills etc.

I guess as it is France there are more burning bureaucratic hoops to jump through too, that I haven't even heard of.

Any experiences anyone would like to share? What are the pluses and minuses?

thanks

Hi Mark, Just thought I would email you, I have been forwarded your message by a friend. Our campsite is for sale, it has three gites, four camperhuts/chalets and 31 electrical pitches, plus lots of room for other tents and caravans, an ideal secluded area is also an option to develop. We have a large house, there is a bar/restaraunt. shop/reception. This link will take you straight to the advert for our campsite with the estate agents http://www.frenchestateagents.com/

We have to have offers in by the 20/5/10

The income over the last couple of years is in the region of 20k euros, there is a lot of scope for further improvements, as when we took over in 2006 the income was 1k yes, one thousand! euros, it was very run-down, so it's been an achievement to get this far, but there is so much more that can be done, due to personal circumstances we are no longer able to persue our dream. You may be interested. Regards, Stephanie