Tax Form change for rent

Kelly

I've just noticed on this years tax forms that they have changed the wording, for the C1 Revenus non professionnels. Regime micro entreprise.

Do I now have to put the rent I get from the gite into box 5OP. And then 50% instead of 29% for paying the social charges into F1 Revenus a imposer aux prelevements sociaux, box 5IY. It's in those boxes because I am the conjoint.

They seem to have now put the locations meublees, (which I take it means the rent) in with the services.

I don't rent the gite out very much and don't get much income from it, so I like to try and keep it as uncomplicated as possible.

I hope somebody understands all this I seem to be getting more confused.

Thanks

I think you are correct for the gite income Kelly, they have changed the wording slightly and lumped 'prestations de services et location meublées' together in this years (2009) form whereas last year they had it under 'vente de marchandises ou locatations meublées non professionels', so it looks as if 5Op is the correct one for you. Happy to be corrected of course!

Hi

From what I understand (and I could well be wrong as I usually am hehehe), the changes took place for the tax yr commencing 2009, although I am led to believe (from the impots, which was listed in the small print at the back of the 2009 impots guide lol) that gites with an official classification (prefecture, GDF etc) remain on the 71/29 split 'vente de merchandises' and all others go to the service side at 50/50. But like amos, I too am happy to be corrected!!!! Although if memory serves, I seem to recall someone posted the new changes on here last Jan (can't remember if it just applied to 'professionelle micros etc). If in doubt, maybe a visit to the local impots may help!

• 3 weeks later...
Hi

Dont know if this will help.

We live in France and have two apartments.

I use a local accountant to complete the tax forms because it just takes the pressure off.

Our tax return last year was Micro Bic system and it discounts 71% of monies taken and we paid tax on 29% of monies taken at whatever level calculated.

This year the accountant has completed the forms for us and said the MICO BIC system has changed and it now discounts 51% only so we pay taxe at whatever level calculated on 49% - this is a big difference for us - means about 300 euros more tax and about the same more in social charges.

Regards

Thanks for the link. I am really confused but asked for help on Lay my Hat - basically asked for step by step guidance on what I need to do to ensure I get back on the 71/29% breakdown again.

Really appreciate your support.