DPE report for rental adverts

Jazzer

I have seen it mentioned on another thread, but I understand that under the loi Grenelle 2 no.2010-788 it is required that from Jan 2011 all property ad's for sale and rental, display the results of the energy classification from the DPE report.

Does anyone know who may undertake such work in Dept 17?

I could see the relevance of the energy rating for a long-term tenancy, but what possible value would it have for a gite rental (i.e. very short-term)?  Nothing would surprise me though!  Got to keep all those bureaucrats off the streets till their lovely fat pensions kick in!

Quite.If you are letting for a week, or 2 weeks at a time, and certainly if the cost of heating etc and you do not make a charge for heating etc, it seems extremely pointless.

The other point I am not sure about is whether you have to display the rating in ads with British companies or just those advertising in France,

I wonder if you could use the report given when the house was bought.  It was already converted so I have separate reports for the apartments.  probably not.....

One wonders what purpose it serves ....... would the energy-rating of a holiday property really affect your decision to rent it or not?  Or is it simply more Big Bother stuff, so a few years down the line they can insist you make expensive changes to your own property?

What effect does an uninsulated, un covered, heated swimming pool have, the must have accessory?

All EU countries are committed to lowering Co2 emissions so that's pretty much it, although multifoil insulation is apparently not accepted by the authorities as insulation (by whose authority do these backward thinkers exist) although the product (Actis) is not only made in France and is accepted as equivalent to 210mm of rock wool or glass fibre elsewhere. 

Maybe people with woodburners could do some carbon trading (as big business does) as their heating is carbon neutral compared to purchasers of oil or gas central heating or hot water. 

[quote user="Fi"]I wonder if you could use the report given when the house was bought.  It was already converted so I have separate reports for the apartments.  probably not.....

[/quote]

The DPE reports are valid for 10 years, so yes you could use the ones you were given when you bought the place if you bought within this time. Of course, if you've made improvements to your energy consumption you might want to commission new ones.

A DPE is likely to cost 100-250€ depending on the type & size of the property, there is no fixed fee scale

To find an expert, look under yellow pages (pagesjaunes.fr) or on google.fr for "diagnostic immobilier". Always get a written quote before giving instructions to proceed

[quote user="Théière"]

What effect does an uninsulated, un covered, heated swimming pool have, the must have accessory?

[/quote]

The DPE on a house sale or rent does not cover or include the swimming pool.

For full technical info go to the ADEME website, or if you're really into technical stuff look at "La méthode de calcul des Consommations Conventionnelles des Logements (3CL)"

[quote user="Polly"][quote user="Théière"]

[/quote]

The DPE on a house sale or rent does not cover or include the swimming pool.

For full technical info go to the ADEME website, or if you're really into technical stuff look at "La méthode de calcul des Consommations Conventionnelles des Logements (3CL)"
[/quote]

Sorry Polly, I must stop using sarcasm on line, it was me having a dig back at bureaucracy. You could have a superbly insulated dwelling and no insulation on a heated pool which would pretty much negate any saving on the house. Policy makers really ought to get a grip on the real world.

Thank you for the info, I thought it was every 5 years so that's cleared that up.

Interesting to read on the thread"diagnostique" that the article from FPN mentions that it is only long term lets rather than holiday lets that are covered. Before we all start shelling out euros, does anyone know if this is correct?

[quote user="Jazzer"]Interesting to read on the thread"diagnostique" that the article from FPN mentions that it is only long term lets rather than holiday lets that are covered. Before we all start shelling out euros, does anyone know if this is correct?[/quote]

Your assumption that a holiday let for a few weeks would qualify for drawing up a "bail de location" is a tad onerous,quoi.

[quote user="Jazzer"]Interesting to read on the thread"diagnostique" that the article from FPN mentions that it is only long term lets rather than holiday lets that are covered. Before we all start shelling out euros, does anyone know if this is correct?[/quote]

Your assumption that a holiday let for a few weeks would qualify for drawing up a "bail de location" is a tad onerous,quoi.

I see the relevant text is "La location saisonnière est concernée dès lors que le logement est loué au moins quatre mois consécutifs ou non dans l'année

I am told that this 4 month period is not necessarily the lease period but the total length of time the property is rented out per year- it can be comprised of weekly and monthly rentals. Any property that rents for less than 4 months in total per year will not require a DPE to be shown.

However I am unsure whether you need one if you only advertise with UK companies for example.

Correct the 4 months can be accumulated consecutively or non consecutively.

Frankly no idea of advertising in UK, but in principle if the PDE applies to a sale or let advertised in the UK, etc it would also apply to a short term let.

What are the advertisers of Ski Lodges doing?