Refusing pets illegal?

Brier

Don't care what people wear or don't in the pool, don't care about poofs but we had a family with a jack russel which damaged the bubble cover on the pool and a broken pool net from the owner rescuing the pet neither of which they cared to own up about or pay for.....

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="Jazzer"]Having today read an article in FPN, reminded me of the need to update our advertising for next year. The article mentions that we should ensure that pets are treated for fleas and worms ahead of their visit. Thought struck me-do we have to check the animal to the pet passport to ensure it is the same animal or do we take the customer's word? I don;t fancy buying a reader.[/quote]

It's up to you how far you want to check things

I just wonder where we stand with the law. The other point is if someone with an allergy became ill after a visit are we liable? With the best cleaning systems it's not always possible to guarantee 100% hair removal.As with a lot of laws I don't think this one has been thought through.

Tongue-in-cheek comment...

What if the owners have their own dog...?

It could be a large dog, a child-friendly dog, but a dog which wouldn't like other pets on the premises...?

The law-makers haven't thought this through and have bundled ALL rentals under the same legislation, those which are long-term together with the short-term holiday lets.

I dare say this will be rectified, but who knows how long it will take... [:(]

[quote user="Jazzer"]I just wonder where we stand with the law. The other point is if someone with an allergy became ill after a visit are we liable? With the best cleaning systems it's not always possible to guarantee 100% hair removal.As with a lot of laws I don't think this one has been thought through.[/quote]

Someone with an allergy could become ill after visiting a property whether or not pets had been allowed in the place. How many gite owners wash the bedding at high temperature to kill dust mites (all of it, blankets, duvets, bedcovers, cushions, pillows) after every let? And what about cushions, curtains & rugs? How many thoroughly vacuum all the mattresses (both sides) and soft furnishings after every let?

How could an allergy sufferer prove that staying in your house had given him/her a problem? Perhaps they had a bad reaction to something whilst out sightseeing?

What the 'eck do all these allergy sufferers do in normal life, go around with a face mask on when out in the street? Not go shopping? Not go anywhere?