Does anyone own a Gite near Brest??

Tim_Quincaillerie

Google annuaire des mairies and you can see most of the local businesses. There are gîtes all over the Brest region in all directions,my daughter did a website for her degree in tourism for one place in Plougastel Daoulas that is very popular. Go on local tourist office sites,directories of rental properties of which there are very many and other sites. Don't forget Brest itself and has many hotels both central and exterior. Clévacances and GdeFrance also have sites where you can local properties in the region.

Tim, I get the impression that there are not many Brits engaged in buying French property or French property improvements these days, as when I have used several artisans on my property recently, they have all commented on the fact that I am the first Brit client they have had for ages and that their previous Brit business is sorely missed.

Hopefully, if and when the £ and economic climate improves things will change, but at the moment I fear many Brits in France are either selling up, or tightening their purse strings dramatically.

You're not that far really from us and over the past ten years our clients have been 99% french with the ocassional brit now and again. They are just not buying like they were in the 90's and early 2000 and those that are,are either doing their own DIY or buying modern,less maintenance properties. We always advertised in pages jaune but at €600 for a small ad that is a lot of money. One problem you have is that with AE you cannot offer the lower rate of TVA that we did which is very attractive with a limited budget and for which the client can claim against for tax and re-sell etc.

Val, The inability for an AE registered Artisan to charge the lower TVA rate is not something I was aware of and must put them at a huge disadvantage, Forget smaller budgets, if I knew using an AE artisan was going to cost me 12.5% more in tax, I would not even consider them.

I may be wrong but surely AE is not the same as a TVA registered artisan charging his customers TVA and the lower rate on certain building projects. AE has a limited turnover I believe for a year, TVA registered does not and we could turn over in one quarter more than the year limit for AE. Did AE not replace the Micro régime and was designed for a small business venture not exceeding a limit and not to support a dependent family either?