Security Deposit

Anna

Hi I would appreciate some opinions from other Gite owners on the following as, although I've run our gites for a good number of years now, I haven't come across this one before! A family have managed to break the inner heat proof glass on the gas oven door. They say they lit the oven, shut the door and the glass "just shattered". Of course, we didn't see what happened but my husband is of the opinion that they have probably dropped something on the open door, which pulls down to open. I've ordered another from our local store but it's a real pain as I've no idea how long it's gonna take for the replacement to arrive and we have other guests coming. Anyway, my dilemma is, do I deduct the cost of the replacement glass from their security deposit?

Yes, i had that occur with the inner glass of my French gas oven, when i was roasting a nice piece of beef! There was absolutely no reason for it to have happened.

I have to admit that we were so hungry that we just picked the glass shards out and ate the meat.

So i think you should give your tenants the benefit of the doubt.

Angela