Gite cleaning

johnycarper

Changeovers also always take far longer than you realise.  You enter the house and think that it's not bad but then you look inside the fridge and the oven and the swing bin and the barbeque and under the beds and shower pipes etc and all need a lot of TLC.  Two to three hours does not seem enough.  It is a big ask to get a house cleaned to a good standard in such a short space of time.  I can tell you that time moves the fastest that you will ever experience when doing changeovers.

When the house is left very clean (rare but it does happen), you spend the time doing other jobs that need doing e.g. cleaning above door frames and outside window cills (sills?) that you don't have time to do usually.

I pay a flat rate of 100 euros per changeover when I find someone who is very good.  It is not based on an hourly rate because someone cannot live on just a few hours' work a few times per year.  A friend who has a large house nearby pays 150 euros to her cleaner per changeover and works alongside her.

It is also very difficult to find anyone, especially on a Saturday.

Have a look on the Forum of www.laymyhat.com  You will find lots of tips about renting out your house for holidays.

• 3 months later...