? Email

Robin

Good morning

I received an email asking to book 10 days in November for our gite

BUT it went into my spam folder I opened it nothing looks wrong with it no attachments and not asking for any details just wanting three rooms for 10 days on the date and then if i can tell them how much if the dates are available. We are open all year so not a problem But i have a niggling feeling it may not be legit any suggestions on what to look for or what to do I did reply saying gite available and what cost sent them a booking form asking for their details but not giving any of ours

Not sure why it went into spam

TIA

Robin

[quote user="Robin"]

Not sure why it went into spam [/quote]

Possibly because somewhere along the delivery chain between you and the sender your email provider decided that there was a dodgy part of the address chain so they think it is spam.

They are right more often than not, in my opinion.

If you do reply then they will know that your email address is alive and used.

Sue

Hi Sue

Thanks for your reply, yes that's what i thought but don't want to lose a 10 day booking perhaps i should have emailed them from another account = one i hardly use

thanks anyway for explaining about the spam thing

3 rooms for 10 days in November, yeah sounds really genuine [:-))]

But as you say you dont want to lose a 10 day booking (isnt it 3 of them?) dont worry, I can forward you at least 5 of these that I get every day, dont worry that you are a long way from us, these people booking dont seem to care where they wont stay.