Jump to content

Taxes & declaration on visa


Recommended Posts

Hi all I just joined, my husband and I will be moving to Fr. this year and I have a couple of questions. In filling out our long term visa's we will declare and qualify for the retirement visa. But what happens if we buy a property that has a gite on it and then rent it? Will that mess us up on the visa, because you state you are self sufficient and will not work in Fr.

Next I read the bit on here about taxation on a gite - Yikes - and haha I prepare taxes in the US! So you pay some percentage on the total earned not less expenses? There seems to be a lot of confusion as to what that percentage is and something about 50% or 71% Any help would be great. We just don't want to do something wrong.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Create New...