Jump to content

Log burner


Recommended Posts

I hope someone is able to help.

I am nearing the end of a farmhouse conversion which I will eventually rent out as holiday accommodation. I am capable of fitting the log burner and the flue, however are there regulations stating that this must be fitted by a qualified fitter with appropriate paperwork for insurance purposes?

Any pointers gratefully received.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes and no.

No there are no specific regulations that I am aware of.

If an artisan does the fitting then anything untoward later is covered by his insurance. If you do it yourself, the level of cover under your household insurance may be limited - especially if a loss adjuster found that it had not been done strictly to norms.

Renting out presents a further risk, since an incident affecting guests may bounce back directly to you.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Create New...