The Ultimate French Gîte

alittlebitfrench

Hence the thread, "The ultimate gîte for making a small fortune out of a large one" [:D]

2 suggestions, rent it to them meublé for the additional 20% abattement and if they are going to do the standard French thing and clear off for the summer then let them go on holiday rent free in exchange for clearing out all their stuff and putting the place back in order and you rent it as a gîte during the high demand period if it is as sought after as you believe.

[quote user="alittlebitfrench"]ALBF is a wise old

owl !!! We are buying an investment house for family members (my idea) to rent

off us. They have 10-15 years left. I could put that better I suppose. So the

gîte won't come into play until they have left us and the mortgage is paid off.

Or we might move there....who knows. Keerching[/quote]

[quote user="alittlebitfrench"]We owe them for all

the help they have given us over the years (they are French relatives

BTW)....so I am not worried. They can live there rent free as far as I am

concerned. We just want to buy the right product for the long term. Hence the

thread.[/quote]

And there I was thinking you wanted an investment for the future (Keerching), When you really just want to make a philanthropic gesture.

nrf, you are clearly bored and trying to winkle out a squabble, which is not worthy of you. However if you already have this house in the family with a couple of elderly folk in it, why don't you go down the viager route. You surely know how this works and it might be a way of repaying them if that is what you want to do.

[quote user="woolybanana"]nrf, you are clearly bored and trying to winkle out a squabble, which is not worthy of you. However if you already have this house in the family with a couple of elderly folk in it, why don't you go down the viager route. You surely know how this works and it might be a way of repaying them if that is what you want to do.[/quote]

Wooly...you have not read the thread correctly my little pit ball.