Wire connectors?

tj

Hi

Can anyone confirm if there are any regulations as far as wire connectors are concerned, I prefer fixed or free spring screwons or the push fit blocks.

any comments appreciated

Yes there are regulations. Wire connectors in France are called "dominoes" and are what are known as "chocolate blocks" in the UK. They are the segmented type with two screws for each connection.

You are not allowed to splice or twist wire together.

[quote user="fulcrum"]Yes there are regulations. Wire connectors in France are called "dominoes" and are what are known as "chocolate blocks" in the UK. They are the segmented type with two screws for each connection.

You are not allowed to splice or twist wire together.[/quote]

But you are allowed to use the push-together type.

Hi

I like the pushfit best, the screwon type can fall apart, I have found the metal coil can separate itself from inside the insulating cap, so I tend to avoid them now.

The reason I asked the question was, that the Wago's are about 17 cents each and I can get others, not in France, for 10 cents each.

thanks for your replies

Tim   

I also prefer 'Bourne de Connection' once you get more than three wires in a domino the delicate balance between the wires being gripped and the wires being broken seems hard to find.

If the property is never going to have a CONSUEL inspection then I might source outside France but if there is any risk of an inspection the thought of pulling the whole lot to replace them with something with NF stamped on them seems pretty poor pay back for saving Euros 30 on a house.

Where are you sourcing at 10 cents each and for how many wires ?