Double TVA !!

Tomacher

I recently received a quotation from a company to supply, deliver and install a swimming pool cover.

The quote I received included TVA @ 19.6% on all of the above.

Having looked at the swimming pool cover suppliers website, the cost of the actual cover to include

TVA @ 19.6% =  -----.-- euros.

However it appears from the quotation  I have received from the seperate company supplying, delivering and

installing the cover that they are also charging me TVA @ 19.6% on the actual cover aswell.

Is this right or should I be concerned !!!

• 2 months later...
[quote user="Tomacher"]I recently received a quotation from a company to supply, deliver and install a swimming pool cover.

The quote I received included TVA @ 19.6% on all of the above.

Having looked at the swimming pool cover suppliers website, the cost of the actual cover to include

TVA @ 19.6% =  -----.-- euros.

However it appears from the quotation  I have received from the seperate company supplying, delivering and

installing the cover that they are also charging me TVA @ 19.6% on the actual cover aswell.

Is this right or should I be concerned !!!

[/quote]

Its the norm in france, 19.6% is the usual 'tarif' for artisanale work to be carried out, i am a freelance designer based in Paris

and charge my clients this amount of TVA (VAT) per project.

It covers all the social payouts that we as 'Artisan' or companies have to pay back to the state in tax in september :)

• 3 weeks later...

What people don't seem to grasp is that VAT, TVA IVA et al, is en End Use Tax: in other words whatever transactions occur in a trading cycle prior to the point of retail (or end user) sale, are Tax Neutral.

The only TVA your supplier will charge you is:

Materials (Net of TVA):

Plus Labour:

Plus Incidentals:

= Total (Ex tax):

Plus Tax at 19.6%

Therefore the actual price you pay is in fact 119.6%: i.e. 100% (Total of Goods and Services Supplied), plus TVA @ 19.6%

The TVA collected and remitted to the area Fiscale by the trader in their accounting period is calculated by adding together all the TVA they have invoiced on their work; then deducting all the TVA they have suffered by way of costs and supplies they have purchased.

There are in fact certain anomolies but they do not concern this transaction.