Crepie

Bob

I recently saw a large (about 25 M2) exterier block wall that had been plastered with a coloured Crepie. Is a sand/cement backing coat recommended first or does one simply spray/ apply the Crepie directly on to the block wall? I was most impressed with the finished job but after a coupla weeks, staining at the ground level has already made an unsightly mark. How does one stop the bottom of the wall from collecting muck? In the UK we used bell mouth angle bead about 6 ins above ground level but the French don't seem to bother with this!

Bob Preston

• 10 months later...
    Sorry Bob, this is not an answer but a request.

I am looking into crepie because this house was filthy so am stripping back old wallpaper, and as I go back, it gets worse. They don't plaster nice and flat as we do, its a mess.

Had intended just to paint but surface far too bad, then thought to wallpaper and paint that.

What a lot of work. Maybe crepie would be the answer. Presume its something like our artex.

If you find out more would you share info with me because I have 11 rooms and for an old lady its a fair bit of work.

I will no doubt find the answers on the net eventually, and am wondering do you paint the stuff on and then roll over it with a textured roller, or do you dip the roller in the crepie and apply it. Perhaps there is a machine like the old tyrolean used in uk, but would prefer to do it my own way. Any one reading this is welcome to add whatever they have learned about crepie; I will be grateful.

vanessa

Crepi is usually applied externally, we have patented our method of keeping the bottom clean.

1) Lay a 600mm path round the house using calcaire and gravel.

2) Send me lots of money.

3) Job done.

To clean old Crepie use a power washer after you have followed steps 1-3 above.

[quote user="retread"]

Crepi is usually applied externally, we have patented our method of keeping the bottom clean.

1) Lay a 600mm path round the house using calcaire and gravel.

2) Send me lots of money.

3) Job done.

To clean old Crepie use a power washer after you have followed steps 1-3 above.

[/quote]

"When I wer a lad ",

We used "The Radio Times " because it cut nicely into 4 pieces

[quote user="LEO"][quote user="retread"]

[/quote]

"When I wer a lad ",

[/quote]

T'radio times? wish we were so aspirational!!!!

[quote user="retread"][quote user="LEO"][quote user="retread"]

[/quote]

"When I wer a lad ",

[/quote]

T'radio times? wish we were so aspirational!!!!

[/quote]

Good point! we obviously didn't buy it as , we were poor and , had no TV!

[quote user="Bob"]I recently saw a large (about 25 M2) exterier block wall that had been plastered with a coloured Crepie. Is a sand/cement backing coat recommended first or does one simply spray/ apply the Crepie directly on to the block wall? I was most impressed with the finished job but after a coupla weeks, staining at the ground level has already made an unsightly mark. How does one stop the bottom of the wall from collecting muck? In the UK we used bell mouth angle bead about 6 ins above ground level but the French don't seem to bother with this! Bob Preston[/quote]

we have painted alarge black band around the bottom of our house (it looks really nice as well) but we have also put a path of flagstones down as well

Vanessa have you seen that product(dont know the name but will have a look next time I am out)  in the diy places it seems to just paint on (has different colours) and to me it resembles rustic farmhouse style walls  or how about a good textured wallpaper or paint effects ?? a couple of washed layers might look really nice

Our house has just been 'Crepied'  using pre coloured Crepie powder. They used a mixer/pump and sprayed the first coat on which was then trowelled roughly flat and any low spots made good, the finishing coat was again sprayed on with a different nozzle leaving a tyrolean finish, smooth areas were then trowelled flat as was the lowest foot of the wall, all in all very professional and carried out over 1 day for an area of circa 300m2  with 4 blokes.

PM me for more details