Project Manager not paying his sub-contractors in Charente

Marielle

A cautionary note for artisans operating in the Charente area, particularly around Chasseneuil. There is a project manager, and I use the term loosely as he knows nothing about the building trade, employing artisans and then not paying them in full for work carried out.  He always claims to have put the cheque in the post.   To be honest I was warned about him when I first went on site, but because I knew him through a mutual friend thought it would be OK.  He only owes us 300 euros, but has apparently done this to others in the past.  Never answers his phone, mobile or Email.  The one time I did manage to get him by phoning v. early in the morning he told me "the cheque must have been lost in the post, I'll send another right away, sorry mate".  He probably knows it's not worth me pursuing him legally and if he shortchanges others each time it's no wonder he can afford to play golf and have numerous holidays.   

You can report him to L'Inspecteur de Travail with your grievance for them to investigate and if he is not paying employees then it probably stands to reason he is not paying any social charges so the RSI/URSSAF will also be interested to know as well.

Have finally today received a cheque from him, but it's a lesson learnt the hard way.  It's been a hassle and taken numerous telephone calls.  Will never work for him again and will let all my contacts know about him, so he's done himself a big disservice.