Any illustrators out there?

Erica

Hi,

I'm a children's book illustrator/author planning to move to France with my husband and young daughter. I've been reading all the threads regarding taxes, healthcare etc and am waiting until I get my head around it all a little better before I start asking a million questions!!

In the meantime, I was just curious to know if there is anybody on this forum who is currently earning a living in France as an illustrator/author/artist/graphic designer etc etc?

• 3 weeks later...
Sorry, I saw your post a while back ,but didn't have time to reply. If you have an agent in UK stick with them,If not try to get one. The UK is the Illustration centre of Europe, if not the world. In these technological times it doesn't matter where you are based. I was working as an illustrator for 30 years  and gave it up when we moved to France,but I can see it would be difficult here. I'm still painting and get commissions when I want them. We also have our own Gallery. I could never give it up completely!

• 2 weeks later...
Maybe this will put you in touch with other artists/illustrators -

www.creativefrance.ning.com

I'm a botanical artist about to move to Dept 79 (for now) but I'll just continue doing what I've done in the UK.

good luck Annie