Company ink stamps - requirements?

tooold

Hi -

I need to have a stamp made up for my business, as I'm getting tired of the "obviously, you're not serious" look in situations where I should pull out my self-inking stamp to make a document official when I sign it. 

I've looked at several stamps from different French enterprises who have used them on devis and factures to me - are there any specific requirements for what's included in the information on the stamp?  From what I've seen, there's the obvious company name and address, and an RCS number, which I don't have as I don't employ anyone (at least that's what I think the RCS number means - correct me, please!).  There's an indication as to the type of business, but one SARL has its capitalization amount, the other doesn't.  I was thinking of putting my SIRET number on there, but maybe I shouldn't.  So, I'm confused, but it's not the first time!

We just bought a new van and they wanted a stamp on the finance document - we had one made for free from Vista Print - all it had on it was The name of our company and our hamlet name, along with a phone number

Dead simple!

Steve

My accountant tells me it is not a legal requirement to have a stamp but you can't do anything without one

Mine has my company name, address and siret no. and is accepted by all

It is a legal requirement that your siret no. is on all company paper, letters, etc , etc.

Le Plombier

• 1 year later...
RCS stands for registre du commerce et des sociétés.

So the RCS number is the number recorded for you on the RCS, which effectively is the SIREN (SIRET being the same as SIREN but with extra digits to distinguish between different establishments of the same business).

See http://www.apce.com/pid1636/siren-siret-ape.html

It's always a good idea to include SIREN/SIRET/RCS or whatever you want to call it, even though it may not be a legal requirement to have it on a stamp.

When you order a rubber stamp you ask for a tampon, which often causes a lot of schoolboy giggles.