Autoentrepreneur with more than one person

Janey

Can anyone answer this question for me please?My husband and I and my brother want to start up an autoentrepreneur scheme together. Basically it will be property management "type" but hubby and brother will be doing carpentry,DIY type stuff and offering other services. What I want to know is do we set it up in 1 name or 2 or 3? If it,s set up in one name,can all 3 of us be covered for health care,contributions etc? I know we can only earn up to 80,000e(think it,s just been changed to 82) that,s ok, not looking to make a fortune. But how do we go about doing this as a joint venture? Hope this makes sense.

Many thanks, Janey.

I may be completley wrong here, but my understadning is, that each individual has to be set up as an AE. It's the same as being self employed. It's done on the invividual. My OH has set up as a SARL with someone else and they both have to pay their social charges so It's the same I think. Therefore an AE will not be any good for 3 of you. You need to set up a society for the three of you to infact form a company and pay your charges individually. There is something where if a spouse does all the paperwork, she can pay social charges so she can have her own pension etc, but not sure quite how it works. My advice will be talk to an accountant.

I hope I am right in what I am saying, I am sure someone else can correct me if I am wrong.

Vida is right. There is no sensible way to operate a partnership as AE. Also, for the sort of work you're talking about the max turnover is €32,000. The 80K limit is for businesses that buy & sell goods; any service-based stuff gets the 32K limit.

The sensible thing would be for each person involved to register a AE and to divvy the work up.

If you haven't read it yet, this is the best English translation I know of for the official AE guide, although it's not totally up to date.

http://www.pbss-uk.com/AEGuide_March2009_EN.pdf

Is this post a wind up?

Would you ask can I set myself up as self employed and then bill my brothers multiple jobs under my name in the UK? 

Also you are saying can I pay his NI equivalent contributions through my self employed business so that he gets health cover along with me and my husband?

If its not a wind up, apologies, but please do some basic research starting with what is AutoEntrepreneur as from your question you really have no idea.

Thanks Vida and Albert for your replies.

No this isn,t a windup and yes I do have an idea! This has got nothing to do with the UK or the questions you asked. Simply the 3 of us want to do something together, all of us are qualified people, I was simply asking was it possible to work as a partnership under the autoentrepreneur scheme..each of us working as partners, each of us paying contributions,taxes etc.as for do some basic research, the reason I posed the question here is because there are always others that have gone down that road and have the imformation to hand..and don,t mind helping others of course.

Janey