Conjoint cotisations

Val_2

As per the law of 2007, anyone doing any sort of work for a spouse who is a registered artisan under the RSI umbrella must have cotisations paid for them by the said artisan. In other words like me, I have always done the accounts for our business but never took any payment as it was inour interest. However, it turns out and not too many people realise this, but my husband should have registered me with the RSI and paid monthly cotisations for me (we could not have afforded to anyway) I am currently claiming my pension renverse from RSI and this has come to light and we have had to write a letter stating that neither our accountant nor the RSI ever informed us of this legal requirement. I also found out today the wife of another artisan knows nothing about it nor did another local artisan and this has worried them because they have been working like us. This will come to light if you have to claim a pension from the RSI or like me, my husbands payments because I am now his widow.

Exactly so. Most wives of artisans I know locally help out to keep the businesses going like I did. I did not want paying because end of the day whatever money we had was ours and to do with what we liked and cotisations as we know are unaffordable for the main breadwinner as it is.

I thought I would mention this because it has come to light due to my claim from the RSI and I have had to write an essay stating why I was not having cotisations paid for me.The woman at the RSI even admitted hardly anyone knows about this law anyway unless they are constantly on their doorstep.