auto entre

stinkypete

hi,for all those in the know,im a uk plasterer 8yrs now and counting,question is can i A,use my trade over here,B,will i need to retrain,C,can i do my trade on the auto scheme???i may be in the wrong section but any help would be good,as they say knowledge is power,and i know a digestive biscuit goes well with a cup of tea.[:D]

UK plastering is not done in France, french plastering is a skilled metier as its akin to plaster of paris which never really dries hence all the guard rails on the floors in waiting rooms to keep chairs off the plastered walls. You would need to retrain here to carry this style out here as UK plaster supplies are not available as you know them.

uk plastering takes years to perfect,to be able to skim walls quickly and flat,our british gypsium once applied is knock proof,and hard wearing,and fire proof,its not so much that we cant get it here,its the fact that its almost 3 times more exspensive here,ive done some plastering for a couple of french friends,as a sample of my work,and they were very impressed with finish and the fact that it was almost  100 perent knock proof,

im not out to undermine the french workers but its chalk and cheese,different materials,different tools,different techniques,and a very differnet finish.[:)]

Exactly, chalk and cheese.

Does it matter how good 'british' plastering is???? As a general rule it isn't done in France. I only know of one couple who had their home plastered and she is not french.

It is like carpets, who would have them everywhere in their homes in France? Maybe none french,but most of the population in France is french and they don't.

Well you asked 3 questions:

A,use my trade over here

This has been discussed but it seems you knew the answer all along because you think you can.

B,will i need to retrain,

That depends on whether the Chambre de Metiers will accept whatever you can produce in the way of qualis and experience, so you will have to go and ask them

C,can i do my trade on the auto scheme???

It is possible to be a plaster on the AE but only after the Chambre de Metiers has accepted your qualifications and agreed to register you. Also bear in mind that on AE you pay cotisations as a percentage of profits, you cannot offset any expenses or overheads, so if you want to use English plaster and if as you say it is mega expensive, AE might not be the best regime for you. Unless you can get the clients to buy the plaster and invoice for labour only.

Hope this helps :)