Auto Entrepeneur

Lynn Kitson

I have registered to become an auto entrepeneur, to carry out gardening. I have just received a form from Inforegistre asking me for my details, name, address, siret number category, etc. and asking for 143, 52 euros. Is it necessary to fill this form in and send it back with cheque.

I thought that as an autoentrepeneur I would not be asked for any money for registration.

Lynnk

I am registered as an autoentrepreneur and I receive a lot of these sorts of letters.  The trouble is that the address is public and is made available to companies.  It is so difficult to sort out what is genuine and what is not.

Within a week or so of registration, I had a telephone call from someone who said that they had to see us about our insurance.  Thinking that she was official, I naively made an appointment.  It turned out that she was a sales rep for an insurance company.

Today, I have a telephone call from URSAFF asking for my carte vitale number.  As I am now suspicious of all approaches via the autoentrepreneur route, I asked if she could give me her number so that I could telephone back to verify that she was whom she said she was.  She was URSAFF but she didn't mind at all that I rang back to check.

So be warned.  You will all sorts of approaches - by mail, meetings and telephone.

• 6 years later...
I took an AE course at my closest Chambe of Commerce, and much of the class was on how to deal with letters, calls, and scams.

The basic advice was...call your CIC to ask them, before you fork out any cash, as most of the claims/requests/demands will be very well produced fakes.