Builder wanted

johnycarper

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

I know of a great English builder who has done work on my property & friends property. He is a bit far from you but depending on what you want done he might be interested in traveling. If you give me some idea of what you are after I can ask him and let you know if he is up for it.

Regards

Adam

We have a super American man called Michael who is very capable and trust-worthy. He would need accommodation and works for us on the basis of Euro77 per day plus food but he cycles home at night. We are in the 17, Charente Maritime. An utterly good guy. Email if you wish to discuss.

[quote user="Etoile"]We have a super American man called Michael who is very capable and trust-worthy. He would need accommodation and works for us on the basis of Euro77 per day plus food but he cycles home at night. We are in the 17, Charente Maritime. An utterly good guy. Email if you wish to discuss.[/quote]

Blimey Etoile, I should keep this to yourself as for 77 euros a day he can't possibly be registered to work legally in France as a builder, or insured for that matter. Sorry, he may be "super", but I'd check him out if I were you..

Edit:

Johnycarper - you could try www.artisananglais.com  - all registered, insured and English speaking, or the www.angloinfo.com classifieds section for your region.

• 8 months later...
Hi,

You are looking for a a good building company then call at the 0800 xxxxxx. This company has skilled and talented people for building construction .

For more information visit their website - http://xxxxxxx.co.uk/

This comment has been edited by a moderator. Replies may also be edited.

• 5 months later...
  • 6 years later...
It was me who deleted the post which was advertising building services. I realised that it left the post by Cooperlola looking as though it was recent, but I just could not bring myself to delete that too. With hindsight I should have posted on the thread myself. I am sorry if you found it upsetting.

Those that remember dear Coops with fondness may like to know that Ian is still living in France and has now remarried.( an English lady I believe they both knew from long ago ) He has had a couple of health problems over the years but currently seems to be fine.

Sadly Coops old horse Valerian passed away last month but she had made a very good age, due largely to Ian's tender care....he sometimes posts on FB

Bonjour mods

I wanted to report the post but, for some reason, there was no report button.  I thought of replying to the effect that self-advertising was against forum rules.  However, I didn't want to post to encourage the poster by saying anything to him.

I have had Coops very much in mind just recently for various reason and it felt very strange to see her name.............

Is it 5 years already, RH?

I now remember the day and how horrified I felt although we did know it was only a matter of time.

I think of her now and then, the things she said, the laughs we had.  Most of all, I remember her spirit especially in recent months when I too have been treated for cancer.  Little things come back, inconsequential in themselves but now meaningful to me.............I remember her telling us about her wig and now I have chosen one, razor-cut and "rock chick", as Coops said hers was[:D]

5 years? Seems so much shorter.

An excellent piece of advice to follow, Mint; I hope it looks great.

Yes, we knew that she hadn't long but it was a huge shock. I think so many of us had been helped by her, had been given information by her and had been impressed by the efforts she had put in to improve things for so many people.

She was a huge example to us all - that one small person could strive to overcome so much.

She was a great storyteller too.

I also think of her from time to time, and receive a jolt when searching for something here on the forum or when some business resurrects an old thread - and there she is commenting or giving advice again.

• 1 year later...
Hi Etoile,

Pleased to make your acquiantance - I have read your article on Michael - I would have accommodation to offer him I have sufficient work for a few weeks or more if he agrees (in the Limousin) how would I contact him please?

Many thanks in advance,

Flossy