Question for those with electrical knowledge

mint

Have found in pristine condition in its unopened gift box an electric shaver from 2001.  It has an electrical lead with transformer for charging it up.  Only problem is the plug is a 2-pin one designed for a UK shaver socket.

What, if anything, can be done in order to use it in France?  Can the plug be adapted or are there adapters that can be used?

Thank you, everyone, for your much appreciated further efforts to help!

Nomoss, I will bear in mind your very sound advice, should I go ahead and get an adaptor.

Judith, I do not have a UK shaver plug and the plug deffo does not fit into the usual 3-hole UK adaptor, of which I have several around the house.

Id, I did see that very plug last night on Amazon France but I am now wondering if it's worth getting it in view of what nomoss has said.  I see that the giver had thoughtfully included the original receipt as it had a 2 year guarantee on it.  From the date, I gather that it was a Christmas present for 2001![:D]

Perhaps I should have sold it on ebay all those years ago?[I]

MInt,
I find the pins are slightly (not much but enought) too far apart .. for a French socket .. size is less important, that's why you nee dhte UK shaver socket versoin (we seem ot have loads pf 'em!) and I am not sure that the one illustrated by Idun would work .. I have a Swiss socket adaptor similar to the one Amazon one (gosh the Swiss have odd sockets!), I'll check it when I am next upstairs ..