Fencing - how high?

It may sound silly, but after searching the pool topics, I have not found out how high the fencing should be around an in the ground pool.

We have an above ground, but friends of ours have one in the ground and are looking to put up a fence.

Can anyone enlighten me please, is it 1m?

Many thanks

• 2 weeks later...

The fence must be 110cms tall, without any foothold or other relief on the outside.  Horizontal or diagonal contours on panels aren't compliant.  The fence must be able to take an impact of 25kgs.  My new fence is wooden, with vertical boards about 2cms apart.  It cost me around 35 euros a metre, plus fitting.  Happy to discuss.

No, it's not AFNOR certified, but it does conform to the stds as I have seem them from the Dordogne prefecture (these were sent to me when I submitted my planning application).  My fence is being built by a builder.  Gates are a little tricky as you need two forms of closure.  I think it's rather tempting to go overboard here.  I don;t want to ignore any law/regulation (typical Brit), but I am loathe to pay through the nose for fencing that's over-priced and unsympathetic with my less-than-pristine property.  My fence will be compliant.