DIY Fencing (again!!)

Guest CFrost

Hi everyone, i have tried this under a different forum, but no joy  I have read in some bumpf (is that how you spell it???) on the Internet that you can put up a standard wooden DIY fence provided it is the correct height etc and has a self closing gate that opens outwards.  Is this true or is it bunkum  Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Ta very much

Kimberley

chadeniers 17

Kimberly

It is complete 'bunkum' as you said. The only case where you build your own security fence is when you 'self certify' which is a process which will cost you more than the 'RollsRoyce' style fence on the market.

If you PM me if will give you examples of the DIY options on the market which are certified compliant to the norms.

So if you choose a fence as your security device then you must buy it, but you may install it yourself provided that the manufacturers specifications are followed. If they are not, then it will void the certification of the fence.

Andrew

• 3 months later...
For another removable fence that can be self installed, click on the more information: swimming pools under the swimming pools section in the main forum window - that you access to get to this section

Richard