New Environmental Law will impact heavily on Swimming Pool Owners

Poolguy

John

Thanks for raising the topic once more with your query.

If you are considering a gite or chambre d'hotel then you will most probably be registered with the Chambre d Commerce, and therefore automatically under the control of the DDASS for Sanitation and Cleanliness of your facilities including your pool. That being the case you have no option but to operate a Chlorine direct pool, most likely with Autodosing or liquid chlor and pH. You will also need filtration capacity of 3 hours for your entire pool water.

If your planning a 15 x 10 meter pool at say 1.5 meters deep (ave.) that would mean 225 cubic meters which is about 75 cubic meters per hour through your filters. I would guess that you would also heat the pool to get the most use through the season so that means either a heat pump or solar system, then there is floating security cover, terrace and landscaping. I would budget between 50-65K euro, as a starting point using modest finished, mid range equipment, and minimal terracing - the better the finish the more expensive it is. Not to forget rainwater storage against coming water restrictions.

You are well directed to look into the Australian example as an exemplar country most of the best developments are still coming out of Oz. But that said, in France there are provisions, which need to be respected, and you can forget about any new or even innovative systems for pools if your 'public' as the DDASS will not pass it.

If you need any help in planning then send me a PM I will help all I can.

Andrew