room for a pool

Isadora

I am in the process of buying a house in 17. It ticks just about all my boxes except that there is no pool, though I have money left in my budget to install one. However I need to know that it will be possible. The Notaire is applying for outline planning permission, but I also need to know that there will be room in the garden. I understand that there is a minimum distance required from the boundaries and also a minimum distance from the fosse septique. Can anyone help please?

Yes You can have tyour pool, however it will need to be 3 meters from all boundaries and I think from you fosse although I would locate the further away the better in that case. This applies if you wand a below ground pool, if you choose an above ground then you do not need permission at all.

I suggest that you enquire first at your local Marie, to get the 'no problem' thumbs up before you go to the trouble of an application.

Also If you are short od space then enquire with me about way to convert your pool into a deck when it is not being used - its expensive but ingenious.

Contact me directly PM if you need specific help as you are in my department.

Andrew

Thank you all for your replies and the information. It is difficult to judge the size as it is not a regular shape and has many shrubs and plants there. However your replies give me more hope.

Poolguy, I have PMd you and hope you can help me.

thanks again- Isadora

Hi. Our land was non constructable but asked the mayor and he gave the go-ahead for it.The pool company would not put it in until permission was obtained.I know of one pool company ( and have heard of others) who have gone ahead with the installation before permission was obtained and the work had to stop-if your house is near a Church there could be problems.Another pool had to be 3 m away from boundaries and the fosse. Good luck, and happy swimming[:)]