ANY GITE OWNER HAVE REGULAR INSPECTIONS OF THEIR SWIMMING POOL ???

Just in case the message I placed in the  " Swimming Pool Regulations " prior to this message is missed, where Andrew states tht Gite owners are classified as public pools and have regular inspections. I am placing a separate question:   Could any of you ou there confirm either way if you do or do-not have your pools inspected.

Regards Les Favets

www.ruralfranceholidays.com

Just to add another question to the same pot, if the regulations state that gite pools are public pools, then why don't some insurance companies recognise them as public pools?? My insurance companys definition of a public pool is some one who 'pays at the gate' for a swim, not guests in gites.  Sorry to hijack Les Favets, but like you, I would like to know the answers. Yes we have a pool and no, no one has been yet, but I have heard many stories about having potential visits by DASS/Gendarmes etc.

Jetlag

We've never had anyone come and inspect our gite pool either but someone did tell me that it's a possibility. They also said that we're supposed to keep a book of the pool treatments etc. I have no idea how we're supposed to find out what we're supposed to do - if anyone else does, please let us know!!

suzi

www.patiras.com/trinite.htm

If you are with Gites de France it is obligatory for ALL B&B & Gite Owners to register their pool with the DDASS - we have ours inspected twice a year - you never know when they are coming, but they usually phone about 1 hr beforehand & they charge you for the testing.....  A good idea to keep a daily record, but not insisted on.

• 2 weeks later...

We are in Southern Charente, and yes we get inspected every month in the summer, as do all the other "registered" gite business in the area.

We heve been told by the DDASS you must test at least twice per day and keep records. When the DDASS visit they ask to see our records and always add a signed entry giving the result of their readings for that day.

It's quite clear that there is a lot of regional variation on how the DDASS police public pools.