Europac heater only heats to 26 degrees

We have recently finished installing a waterair pool with a Europac heating system. Everything is great and well worth the sweat and toil, except for the heater.

We set the temperature on the heater to 27 to start with to see how long it would take to heat the water and if it was comfortable. After running all day it only reached 26 degrees. I thought maybe there was a tolerance so the next day we set it to 28 degrees and again it only heated up to 26 degrees. The heater should be sufficient to heat pools up to 50 cubic meters and ours is only 28. Any ideas ?????

We to have had a pompe a chaleur installed this year, and I have been surprised how much time it has had to run. It is set for 27 degrees, but seems to be on a lot of the time, however I am convinced that this may be due to the summer we have had so far, in particular the overnight temps have been well below average. I am convinced this is the problem, as overnight is when you lose a lot of heat, even with a solar cover.

Sounds like you need to move further south!   We have no water heater but our pool has never been below 28°C since 1st May.  (but we do have an abri)

Now we are keeping it below 34 by leaving the sliding door open all day.

It has always been well above average air temperature, I wonder if being built of concrete filled polystyrene blocks is anything to do with it.

I think you may be right JJ. Its been good weather for a few days now and I have just got back from work and checked the pool. The heater is set to 27 degrees and is off as the pool is at 28 degrees. I checked the water temp when the pump came on at 10 oclock this morning and it was 25 degrees.

Yes Its true

In general you can bet on a relatively lack luster performance from heating systems unless you have a cover on your pool - a good one. That means a little more than the bubble covers that are popular but really provide minimal insulation -as the heat loss will be quite marked over the night especially if there is any wind about. I am not surprise to hear of 4+ degrees of heat loss I would have expected more and there will certainly be more as nighttime temperature decend during September, and onward. This is especially tragic if your pouring electricilty into heating the pool during the day only to loose it again through the night.

The Floating security cover contains 24mm (thichness) of air which is trapped inside the plastic extrusion. This provides very good insulation which is bettered only by the abri which will give that and better as it shelters the wind off the water all through the day and night.

Hence by way of recommendation, I would always recommend to pool owners that before you consider any sort of heathing solution, whether its a heat pump or a solar system that you should invest in a pool cover with good insulation properties, and in the process gain a compliant security device as a benefit.

Andrew

Hi all

We have constructed our pool (11m by 5m) and are now looking to buy an abri. We want one that is not too high but not the very lowest kind available - we need one that is about 1.3m high in the middle and 0.8m high at the edges.

Does anyone have any advice on how to select the best abri - any experiences to share would be gratefully received. If you want to let me know by PM that would be fine and not contravene any rules either.

Thanks in advance

Kate T