In Ground Pool

rico

I am looking to have a pool installed in my home in Brittany. Does anyone know of any good pool companies. I am looking at a 10m x 5m pool with heater, pump, cover etc. Also for some terracing.

I would agree 100% with wiseinhindsight, we did the same, got 3 quotes, references, and visited some pools, but also make sure you check out there 10 year warranty (decenal) we thought we had with the comapny that built our pool, the company went into liquidation/recievership, so when we made a claim via their insurace company they told us that the company were not covered to build and install swimming pools, only general building and plumbing, so we were up a creek without a paddle. Apparently it is quite common for swimming pool installers not to have the right insurance cover.

So be warned.

Hi I may take some stick for this but here goes

Some info on decennale insurance and pool installers.

If you are a small builder you can get a decennale to cover you for a couple of pools a year, so any artisan or micro can be covered even if it is the first pool they have ever done and have no experience..

A pool professional for example with 17 years experience and who installs 80 pools a year can’t get decennale insurance, if the pool installations are over 20% of your takings then you are refused decennale insurance.

This makes life difficult for the pool companies who are successful and have been around a long time.

Pool companies have to give their own 10year guarantee, this  is ok for the ones who have history but for new companies its not so good, clients may not trust that they will be around in a few years time.

In the end its up to the client to make a decision, work with a builder who may have no experience and a decennale or a professional pool company with years of experience.

Talking to some colleagues it may be possible to get individual decennale insurance per pool but this would be very expensive and the client would be charged extra for it.

Just to end, if an insurance expert deems that a pool is  badly installed then the decennale does not pay out, it has to be installed correctly and then have a problem for the insurance to cover it

May-be talking to past clients and seeing a few pools which the company have installed could be the way to go

Hope this helps

Chrish