Heavy rain and liner

ams

With all the recent rain, i have noticed that dirty water is entering the pool, it would appear to be coming from the skimmers. on closer inspection I noticed that the liners are bulging in places. I assume water has got in behind the liner. Will the liner return to normal after the water table level drops or do I need to take some other action.

ams

Sorry to hear about your problem. There was a discussion on another forum in which people wanted to build a low cost pool, the advice from the pro end is to back fill with concrete to prevent mud slide damage in such conditions.  I wish those people could hear your problem.

What is the construction of your pool and have you emptied much water in preparation for winter?

I have no idea of the type of construction of the pool.

However the details that I have are as follows.

1. In ground pool.

2. 10x5m

3. Geothermic heating.

4. Everblue swimming pool.

5. Diatom filter system.

6. Liner 1.5cm reinforced.

I had brought the water level down to below the skimmer levels in preperation of going abroad. The pool is covered by a 2.5m abri, so it never freezes or collects leaves etc.

At present the water is brown and is nearly at the top of the skimmers. It is still raining, however the sun is expected soon and the next 5 days appear to be rain free.

I will start the filtering system tomorrow (sat) and then fully clean it and restock with diatom filter powder. I guess i will bang in clorine quick to clear the water and play around with the ph etc until I restore the balance. The liner could be a huge problem if it creases or stays bloated.

Had another look at the liner, it is bulging all around the pool., either water has got behind it or the water table has pushed it up or both or something else.

I wonder if my insurance will cover the costs. I guess time will tell, just a matter of waiting for the rain to stop. Anyone with a huge brolly. !!!!!!!!!!!!

Any advice will be appreciated.

ams

We have a Magiline pool, that I believe is constructed by digging the hole, placing in prefabricated shells, back filling, and installing a layer of foam, and then a liner. Two years ago I dropped the level for the winter, and there was heavy rain, and our liner bulged. It appears the rain water ran in behind somehow, and forced the foam down. I am still waiting for the insurance to even look at it, although they have sait it is covered. The pool engineer said we didn't need a new liner, and wouldn't have to empty it (that last bit I finf very hard to believe!) the bulge has not gone, and I don't think it will!!

Hi

Everblue are usually a good company so i would think that the back fill is ok

This seems like it may be the water table causing the problem

Sometimes the liner will go back without any creases but if not it will have to be refitted,

You may be wise to put a land drain in, if it is possible.

As far as i know Insurance will not cover this unless its counted as a major storm

Contact Everblue and ask them to take a look.

Good luck

chrish