Pool security cover

We would like to fit a security cover, but our pool (installed by previous owner) has the Roman steps in the middle of one of the sides rather than at an end. Does this make it impossible (or impractical etc) to fit this type of cover?

Any advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. we currently have one of the alarms with 4 posts and laser or infra red beams, which next doors cat sets off regularly.

Thanks

Denbag

My experience with our motor driven hard cover is that its a pain in the wotsits. They are expensive, and the weather tends to mean a fairly short life expectancy of 6/8 years for the cover. We have to constantly re-calibrate the opening/shutting program because the slightest electrical storm within 10 miles of us seems to disrupt the unit. It doesn't like feeding itself off the runner and out in to the pool to close, so takes two people to help to coax it out along the pool. All in all our experience is less than great.

I guess the solution would be too look at the external covers that sit in runners outside the pool and no part sits on the water.

You can have a cover with the roman steps on the side, it will always be a bit costly as the best way is to have a large rectangle.

If not they can make a piece that just covers the steps with a separate bar which spans the roman steps

if you email me the size I can give you a quote

chrish

Contrary to Baypond's experience we are delighted with our volet automatique and have never experienced any electrical problems or rolling in/out issues.

If you are thinking about one of the volet automatique type then no, I don't think it's possible.

Fancy shaped or non-standard sized pools are all very well but make it difficult or expensive for accessories/covers.

Having chnaged from an abri-bas the volet automatique's so easy to open and close,

although it doesn't heat the water like an abri does and the water

isn't as clean of bits as with an abri.  Starting again, I would go for

a sliding/concertina style abri bas like Abri-Sud's, an investment well

worth it IMO.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the reply Chrish. The size is basically 8m x 5m. I think we would prefer/need the option with the seperate piece to cover the steps because space is limited around the pool (there is a solar shower on one side). Is this option compliant with the security law? Alos, What sort of thermal qualities do you get from this type of cover in so far as keeping the water warm.

Many thanks

Denbag

• 2 weeks later...