Beton

rico

[quote user="rico"]Am having a 70m2 terrace around my pool and have been quoted 2447 euros for the beton delivery, it will be 10cm thick all round. Does this sound about right?[/quote]

Rico

My god..where do you live....?

That's 7m3 of concrete @ at €349/m3 is very dear

I would have expected half of that of a delivery. But I guess it depnds on wher you are and how many companies there are in the area.

Andrew

Andrew it does sound expensive but if you have delivery pumps and more than one lorry involved the delivery costs do shoot up.  If I was the OP I would check the original quote and get another estimate, there cannot be too many areas of even rural France that don't have more than one concrete supplier.

Dear Dog, next time you are in France and go to Leroy Merlin, look at what cement mixers are called, it might give clue as to what beton is[I]

Dearest Ron, I dislike going to Leroys it is so expensive and so slightly smug. But they have forced our local suppliers out of business so needs must occasionaly. I don't need a new cement mixer as my old one is working well. If it breaks down I get the wifelet to use a shovel. I try to expand my French vocabulary by at least a word a day but haven't got past the letter A in my Elselviers dictionary of technical terms. I do hope your family is well and the standup career is going well.          Best wishes Dog.

I do hope your family is well and the standup career is going well.      Best wishes Dog[:D][:D].

You mean you missed me whem Michael McIntyre did his show from Manchester, my adopted home???  Quillan was there with a lot of his Lodge we all had a great time and really let our trousers down[:D]