cut cost of chemicals by 30%+

odile

• 2 weeks later...
honestly though - it really does work. It is such a shame that the majority of Brits really cannot see that it makes sense, and just think that it is some sort of Swiss OCD thing! Lots of research has been done which shows that showering first does make a huge difference in dosage AND cost - slapping on the lotion, sweating it out for a bit then jumping in to wash it all off, and start again IS pretty disgusting!

Lots of people also have skin reactions and breathing difficulties, eye problems - due to increased dosage required by poor hygiene. The fact nobody has commented here seems to confirm that showing first is seen as trivial/silly. Serious research indicates clearly otherwise. surely it makes sense. BTW when you sweat, you sweat most in places which are close together, under arms, under boobs and bellies - but between your cheeks too (yes, those) - think about it! YUK

We look after a lot of pools, kids slathered in sun tan cream (they never use the waterproof stuff) and swimming in T shirts (little Josh mustn't get sunburn) wreak havoc with water quality. Then there are those 'orrible greasy water lines to clean. Yuck

Fine, ask people to shower before swimming and the conscientious ones might (if there's a pool side shower), but kids won't unless forced.

• 3 weeks later...

simple answer -no shower--no swiming!!-or drown the little blighters!!!children and some adults have no respect for other peoples property and when you say do not take any bottles or glasses into the fenced off area of the (this is friends and family)pool they think you are kidding--a piece of glass cannot be seen under water and can cut the feet and the liner---

I agree on the excess amount of sun tan cream somepeople use and then only goin the pool for 5 inutes leaving a greasy layer in the skimmer!!ugh.

[quote user="Sharkster"]Out of interest, what would you do if a child got serious sunburn whilst swimming in your pool?  I am not sure you can request people not to use sun protection when swimming in your pool.  I agree you could insist on waterproof creams though.
[/quote]

It is recommended to apply suncream 15-30 mns before going out in the sun to be absorbed into the skin, if not the creams won't be absorded risking sunburn and will just wash off. Therefore better for the little ones and the pool :-)

MY pool is for family and friends only-not a rented gite .If a child is in so long as to get serious sunburn then I agree that is not nice,however I check that they are not in a very long time.When I lived abroad in Trinidad and spent a day at the beach I used to take a spare shirt FOR THE CHILDREN AND MYSELF and swim in it to prevent the serious sunburn that was possible.

I think that parents of children need to take more responsibility and care of their children in some cases  as pools and excess sun exposure are dangerous.